The experience I got from this was good. I learned that making eye contact and talking clear is very professional when giving an presentation. We could have done better as in explaining the “Issue” instead of focusing more on the artifacts. Overall, we had everything as far as our artifacts, our power point and video/interview. While doing research for this project I learned things I didn’t know and the things I thought I knew I was corrected.
T. The helmet strongly protects the players head from severe injuries
I. The helmet attribute many different features for football players safety.
II. For older players or experienced players they think the use of helmets are pointless because of the amount of injuries that still occur.
III. Other outnumbered people feel as though helmets are VERY important and football is dangerous without them.
IV. The helmet gives the parents of players hope and a little reassurance that their child will be safe out on the field.
Photograph with no color. Plus size lady standing in the left corner. Her ethnicity is Caucasian. The lady hair appears to have black hair with blonde streaks. Her eyebrows are very thin as if she drew them on with pencil, she has big round eyes. Her head is turned slightly looking over her left shoulder. She looks like she is giving her attention to someone that was talking to her. Her hair is up in a messy bun as if she’s at work. Her face shows an aggravated/ tired kind of look. Works in a modern restaurant or coffee shop I’m able to tell by the coffee cups, regular drinking cups, and coffee pot on the top shelf. There is a sign in the back saying “This is NOT Burger King” letting their costumers know that they’re not able to have their way.
- The focus of our presentation exerts if physical therapy is needed for athletic performance intervention and will the athletic performance be enhanced with or without an helmet. If so, are steroids and PEDs even more helpful for athletic performance and interventions.
*The focus is on equipment and advertising as it shapes issues related to athletic performance and intervention.
2. Iesha will present her helmet to determine if equipment helps or hinder athletic performance. Jakenya will explain if exercise equipment for physical therapy is needed for for athletic performance and intervention. Nedrick will present his artifact of PED use in a commercial to explain why steroids are helpful for athletic performance and intervention. This order is more beneficial because that’s the process for rehabilitation to intervention for athletic performance
3. The purpose of our presentation is to prove how our artifacts improve the athlete after intervention.
4. Pathos- Telling stories about athletes and their performance. Logos- Using the artifacts to bring more attention to our issues. Ethos- Personal beliefs
- Nedrick Flemister: Why do athletes use steroids and PEDS?
- Jakenya Ingram: Physical Therapy view on concussions
- Iesha Wilkcox: NFL Concussions
- Athletic Performance and Interventions: Three cases
Ned: Steroids and PEDs as Athletic Performance Intervention
Jakenya: Should physical therapy be needed for performance intervention
Iesha: Performance with or without the helmet
“The right to bear arms” is a phrase that comes from the Second Amendment of the constitution
“The confusion, and some serious mistakes, only become widespread in the twentieth century, when influential people began to think it was a good idea to disarm the civilian population.”
- Things start to happen now a days because the people that had influence on others in world thought it was OK to take away weapons from people 16 years of ago and older that are not inmates of institutions (penal, home for the aged, mental facilities.)
- Very good so far
- Add more research
- cite the research
- She could space out the annotations
- Make her last sentence the first sentences
- insert images
- insert links
- make sure she has 10
A.) An Article of Clothing
- On Thursday in the archives I found several artifacts of clothing and also a beach hat, employee flight pin and a apron.
- The apron stood out most to me. It was white and green with stripes. It was a V neck cut vest style ans it tied in the back. On the left side of the breast “Happy St. Patrick’s Day” was printed right above the word “Eastern”. From observing I think that the vest was a collaboration between the Jameson Irish Whiskey and the Eastern Airlines. I did not get much information from the archive about the apron, but after I observed I did some research and I found out that an Eastern Airline flight was hijacked on St. Patrick’s Day so I believe that it is a possibility that this apron could have been worn on that day
B.) A piece of marketing merchandise
- There were a lot of marketing merchandise that I seen in the Archive. Eastern Airlines make up case, Eastern Airlines bag clip and magnet, Eastern Airlines mugs , pins, coloring books, flight wings and toy airplanes.
- The Carolyn Lee Willis business card caught my attention the most out of all of the marketing merchandise. It looks like a standard white card stock printed in two different shades of blue. The Eastern Airlines logo is on the front of it. In the top right corner above that is the Eastern Airlines headquarters and their number. In the bottom right corner is Carolyn’s full name and her position. With this merchandise their is a large poster describing how Carolyn became apart of the Airline.
- Interesting fact is that Carolyn did graduate from “Georgia State University”.
C.) Internal Memo
- I had a hard time trying to locate an internal memo. I did find a memo on the wall of many collections titled “The End: Eastern Airlines”. On the wall is a letter from the CEO of the Eastern Airlines. The wall is black and white with color photos and captions beside them. I’m pretty sure that the memo was typed using a type-write from the looks of it.
A.) An article of clothing/ (Apron)
- I think that whoever wore the apron worked for the Eastern Airlines or wore it at one of the many events they had. The style of the vest makes you think that the person was a bartender, waitress or something in that sort. Just because now a days that is the style of vest that they wear.
B.) Marketing Merchandise/ (Carolyn Lee Willis)
- From the looks of it she was a very dedicated hardworking woman. Due to the information found on the wall and from the GSU online archive collection I’m able to draw that conclusion.
C.) Internal Memo/ (Letter)
- The expresses that the CEO was violating alarm on the road so I feel that is the main reason that the Eastern Airlines was shut down I came to this conclusion due to the title “The End: Eastern Airlines.”